Trelawny’s Army Suporters Club (TASC) is the Cornish Rugby Supporters’ Club, backing Cornish County and Club rugby teams at all levels, for one and all. The ‘Army’ was founded in 1993, during the eight ‘glory years’ in which Cornwall appeared in seven County Championship semi-finals, three Twickenham finals, and won the championship once.
The advent of professional rugby changed county rugby nationwide, but Cornish county and club rugby goes from strength to strength: the professional Cornish Pirates are on the verge of securing a stadium fit for the Premiership; other leading teams such as Redruth and Cornish All Blacks, having weathered financial storms, and with a wealth of local talent at their disposal, are riding high in the national leagues.
TASC supports the senior county, under-20 and colts County sides, and all Cornish club sides, at all levels, including junior and mini rugby.
- Publishes a newsletter four times a year;
- Runs coach trips to Cornwall’s away matches;
- Sells a variety of club merchandise, replica shirts, and supporters regalia;
- Advises members of dates and venues of games involving Cornish clubs;
- Organizes social events;
- Holds an annual dinner;
- Has many ‘exiles’ as members;
- Has links with the Cornish Rugby Football Union (CRFU).